Port Mechel Temryuk

History

The ports history cannot be separated from the history of the port town Temryuk. The town was founded in 1556, and became Russian territory along with Northern Caucasus and the Taman coast in the second half of the 18th century.

1860

Temryuk becomes recognized as a port town. For a long time after, the port provided access only to small ships.

1908

Due to a major reconstruction, the port could handle large-size ships.

1994

The port sets up a shareholding company Sea Trade Port Temryuk. The port is listed among the Russian Federations sea ports.

1996–2000

The port undergoes reconstruction which allows it to handle up to 5,000-tonne river-sea type ships.

2007–2008

Mechel acquires the Temryuk-Sotra company and wins the tender to buy the Temryuk port complex.