Kuzbass Power Sales Company

Press Releases

14June2007

Mechel Announces Fulfillment of Its Obligations Following the Results of the Auction to Acquire Kuzbass Power Sales Company

Moscow, Russia June 14, 2007, Mechel OAO (NYSE: MTL) announces the fulfillment of its obligations related to the previously announced acquisition of 49% of the shares of Kuzbass Power Sales Company OAO after obtaining permission for the deal from the Federal Antimonopoly Service of the Russian Federation.
22May2007

Mechel Announces Its Acquisition of a Controlling Stake in Kuzbass Power Sales Company

Moscow, Russia May 22, 2007, Mechel OAO (NYSE: MTL) announces winning the auction to acquire shares of Kuzbass Power Sales Company OAO comprising 49% of the company's charter capital. Together with 1.2% of the shares owned by Mechel previously, its stake in Kuzbass Power Sales Company has increased to 50.2%.