Port Mechel Temryuk
The port’s history cannot be separated from the history of the port town Temryuk. The town was founded in 1556, and became Russian territory along with Northern Caucasus and the Taman coast in the second half of the 18th century.
Temryuk becomes recognized as a port town. For a long time after, the port provided access only to small ships.
Due to a major reconstruction, the port could handle large-size ships.
The port sets up a shareholding company Sea Trade Port Temryuk. The port is listed among the Russian Federation’s sea ports.
The port undergoes reconstruction which allows it to handle up to 5,000-tonne river-sea type ships.
Mechel acquires the Temryuk-Sotra company and wins the tender to buy the Temryuk port complex.