Oleg V. KorzhovChief Executive Officer of Mechel
Chief Executive Officer is Mechel PAO’s sole executive body in charge of managing the company’s current activities within his sphere of competence and execution of the decisions made by the General Shareholders’ Meeting and the Board of Directors.
Chief Executive Officer is answerable to the Board of Directors and the General Shareholders’ Meeting.
Chief Executive Officer’s competence includes all issues of managing the Company’s current activities, excluding those that are classified as belonging exclusively to the competence sphere of the General Shareholders’ Meeting, the Board of Directors and the Collegial Executive Body (Management Board).
Chief Executive Officer can act on behalf of the Company without power of attorney, including the following cases:
- operational management of the Company’s activities;
- the right of first signature in financial documents;
- management of the Company’s property to provide for its current activities within limits set by this Rule and Russian law currently in force, within his sphere of competence;
- represents the Company’s interests both in the Russian Federation and abroad;
- confirmation of appointments, signing work contracts with the Company’s employees, applying bonuses and penalties for the employees;
- concluding deals on the Company’s behalf within his sphere of competence;
- granting power of attorney on the Company’s behalf;
- opening and closing bank accounts in the Company’s name;
- organizing the Company’s accounting and financial reports;
- giving orders and instructions binding for all of the Company’s employees;
- organizing execution of the decisions made by the General Shareholders’ Meeting and the Board of Directors;
- performing other functions required to attain goals set for the Company’s activities and to ensure its normal functioning, in accordance with the law currently in force and the Company’s statute, except for the functions reserved by the federal law “On Joint Stock Companies” and the Company’s statute for the Company’s other management bodies.
The Chief Executive Officer is guided by the Regulations on the sole executive body (General Director) of Mechel.